As a guideline if the following apply then a bunded oil tank is recommended:
- Tank capacity in excess of 2500 litres
- Tank location within 10metres of controlled water
- location of tank is where a spillage could run into an open drain.
- where supply is to a building other than a single-family dwelling
Your Heating Oil Storage Tank must be completely supported on the correct surface to ensure safety and compliance with Otec regulations.
The Base for all plastic oil tanks must be:
- Flat & Level
- Non-combustible material
- Extends 300mm around the footprint of the tank
If concrete slabs are used they should be a minimum of 50mm thick. Brick or Concrete Pillars can be used to raise the height of the tank but they must be supported by reinforced concrete lintels with Concrete Paving Slabs spanning the length, still allowing for the 300mm space around the footprint of the tank.